The Fundamentals of Project Management
Building your essential Project Management toolkit
Project management is being increasingly recognised as a vital skill set for many management positions, not just those with the title of “project manager”.
This programme provides in-depth, practical, project management training. Participants will discuss projects from within their own organisation, and review tools and templates used every day to manage real projects.
Who should attend this programme:
This course is for anyone interested in learning about formal project management techniques, including project managers, project team members, functional managers, procurement and contracting officers and senior managers.
- Appreciate the characteristics of projects and the basic elements
required for successful project management
- Understand the project life-cycle including basic tools or techniques
used at each stage
- Develop project documentation, i.e. Business Case, Project Scope,
Project Plan (Gantt chart), Control and Monitoring, Risk Analysis, Quality
Assurance, Configuration Management
- Understand risk and how to manage it
- Identify project stakeholders and learn how to effectively engage
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the project sponsor,
programme manager and project manager
- Understand and learn to manage the most common causes of project
Context and theory of Project and Programme Management:
- Objectives of a project
- Role and Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Project Manager skills and competences
- The reasons projects fail
Project Life Cycle or Methodology:
- Understanding the Project Management Life Cycle
Detailed phases of Project Management:
- Project initiation and set up
- Project planning
- Project implementation – executing the plan through organising
and managing, as well as monitoring and controlling
- Project closure
Planning what to do next – how to apply the learning[/feature_box]
Not sure this programme is for you?