HR Business Partnering
“Gain a commitment to sustainable change via credible partnering and practical consultancy ”
The role of the HR Business Partner (HRBP) is to work in partnership with key stakeholders to achieve their strategic ‘people’ objectives. As HR departments continue to battle to maintain a solid reputation of adding value to the organisation, HR professionals must be well equipped to deal with challenges and resistances. This means that HR employees must be highly skilled if they are to successfully win over their business clients and deliver the people strategy.
The fundamental skills set of a successful BP is different to traditional HR roles – including consultancy skills, change management, stakeholder management, and strong influencing capabilities. HRBP’s need to be business savvy, credible individuals with the ability to form deep, strong relationships and really get ‘under the skin’ of the organisation.
This role change and accompanying skill-set needs to be explicitly recognised, and time be invested in professionals that are becoming business partners.
Who should attend this programme:
This programme has been developed for practitioners or leaders who want
to work in partnership with their clients to focus on resolving organisational
and people issues and delivering measurable results.
This could include:
- Internal and external consultants
- HR Professionals
- Senior leaders who want to enhance their understanding of organisational and people issues and who want to work in close partnership with key decision-makers
- HR Business partners who are new to their role or who would like to develop their skills to support the organisation’s wider aims and objectives
- Business Partners across other back office functions
- Gain an understanding of the Business Partner models and an appreciation of what this means for your own organisation
- Develop a greater understanding of the role and responsibilities of Business Partners/consultants
- Reposition the H.R. function in the eyes of key stakeholders as a strategic contributor to the business
- Understand the key concepts and frameworks in the areas of strategic contribution, increased commercial awareness and personal credibility, as well as enabling you to apply these concepts in your own organisations
- Develop the capability and confidence to influence at senior levels
- Initiate and implement strategic HR projects and programmes
- Encourage the development and pursuit of a personal development plan based around the Business Partner competencies
‘Framing the context’ - Role of HR Business Partnering:
- Mapping the Domain of HR
- The HR Business Partner Role
- Mapping and analysing the HR function
- Process Consulting
Understanding Business and Strategy:
- Competitive advantage
- Value proposition
H.R.’s Strategic Contribution:
- Ulrich’s ‘Line of sight’ model of HR interventions
- Organisational Culture and culture management
- H.R. Levers and measuring HR impact
Enhancing your personal credibility for effective process consulting
Planning what to do next – how to apply the learning[/feature_box]
Not sure this programme is for you?